Review: Premium Sub-10 V2


Today we will be reviewing the Premium Sub-10 V2 stem. Premium recently came out with the v3, but I have not gotten my hands on that yet. This stem is CNC-machined out of 6061-t6 aluminum. It has a reach of 53mm and is 9.6 ozs. It is an average weight so nothing special there even with the cut out.

Appearance: 9/10
It is a very good looking stem. I really like the cut out as it makes it unique from other stems, but not everybody does. The angles are sharp the back is rounded to be knee friendly... So your knees will love this stem too.
Strength: 8/10
This is where people are divided. A lot of people assume that the huge cut out means that it is super weak, but from my everyday riding on it I can tell you that is not true. I absolutely love mine and trust it to hold up for most anything. If you are a mini Sean Burns and do roof drops often then you might want to consider a different stem.
Clamping power: 10/10
I have never had this stem slip on me. NEVER! I have run 3 different pairs of bars and each was held tightly. The last time I switched bars I actually had trouble getting the bars to move until the bolts were almost completely out.
Overall rating: 9/10

I have had absolutely no problems with my stem in the 3 years that I have had it. My friend also had it for a year before he gave it to me and never had an issue with it and he ended up buying another one in purple. I wouldn't recommend it for Sean Burns type riding, but really are there any parts that can handle that type of riding for extended periods of time? Based off of this version of it I will be picking the v3 up as my next stem. I hope this has helped at least a couple people learn a bit more about this stem and not just make assumptions about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment